Game day food! These would be a fun snack to serve at your Super Bowl parties. Not only are they ridiculously simple to make, but they’re a little something different among the other snacks. A mixture of cream cheese, shredded cheeses, pepperoni and green onions is spread out on flour tortillas, and browned in a hot pan. Serve with your favorite marinara for dipping!
You could also change these up, making a Tex-mex type roll up, a spinach and feta roll up (Oooh, add some fresh dill to that one and I’m there!)--use your imagination!
Cream Cheesy Pizza Roll Ups
Makes 4 (8") tortillas, cut into 3 pieces each, so 12 pieces total.
Adapted from Cuisine at Home
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, pepperoni, shredded cheese, green onions, pizza seasoning and basil. Mix well.
Spread each tortilla with some of the cheese mixture, and get it all the way to edges to help the rolls seal. Roll each one up tightly. Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Not too much, you're not deep frying, just browning the tortilla rolls. Depending on the size of your pan, place one or two rolls in the oil and brown on all sides. This should only take a few minutes for each one. Use tongs and turn the rolls so you brown them all over. Set aside, and finish browning the rolls.
Let them cool slightly before slicing. Slice each roll into 3 pieces and serve with your favorite marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
If you’re looking for more ideas for fun Super Bowl foods, check out my post from last year. I collected some of my favorite past recipes for you to look over!
And here are some of my favorites from the past year for you to check out:
- Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Cookies (This makes a lot to feed your crowd!)
- Turkey Pesto Parmesan Meatballs (Make meatball subs--add some sliced provolone!)
- A Ploughman’s Platter makes a great “nibbling” offering.
- Cosmic Brownies are super fudgy and you can personalize them with m&m’s in your team colors.
- Portland Eggplant Veggie Burgers--these are one of my faves!
- Game Day Buffalo Pork Meatball Subs--I’ll definitely be making these! I crave these constantly. Everything you love in a Buffalo Wing, but neater.
- Steak, Blue Cheese and Horseradish Cream Bites with Caramelized Onions. If making individual apps isn’t your thing, consider the parts of these apps in a sandwich!